Wednesday, 18 October 2017

Moment in Time

This week we have been doing some writing about a "Moment in Time". We closed our eyes and imagined what we would see, hear, feel and wonder about if we were standing in outside during a bad storm. We used this to help us write and to add detail to our writing.


I heard the booming sound of the thunder.
I saw the dark purple thunder crashing down.
I felt terrified because of the thunder scratching my roof.
I wondered what caused the thunder. 
Matei

I saw the trees crashing together.
I heard the wind whistling in my ears.
I felt the rain dripping on me.
I wondered if the storm would go away.
 Esther

I saw the wind blowing the trees down.
I heard thunder cracking and crackling.
I felt the monster stomping on the earth.
I wondered when the wind would stop annoying me.
James

I saw lightning crashing really hard onto the concrete making big holes.
I heard the wind whistling into my ear.
I felt the rain dripping hard on my hand.
I felt really scared like I was going to have a heart attack.
I wondered when the rain was going to stop.
Jocelyn

I saw children running home in their soaking wet raincoats.
I heard the storm roaring at me.
I felt cold water splashing on my freezing hands.
I felt my heart pounding in terror.
I wondered, will I die in this terrible storm.
 Sofie

I saw the lightning and heavy rain.
I heard the leaves blowing in the wind.
I felt was really windy.
I wondered if it was rainy and muddy. 
Shivek

I saw thunder hitting the ground.
I heard rain dropping into puddles.
I felt raindrops on me.
I wondered why does rain fall.
Aria

I saw people getting blown away in the cold storm.
I felt the cold breeze on my face.
I felt the cold storm blowing me away.
I wondered why people got sick in the cold breezy rain.
Carah

I heard the thunder banging my eardrums.
I saw the rain exploding on the concrete.
I felt the rain soaking me up.
I tasted the rain falling in my mouth.
I wondered if it was ever going to stop.
Lyall

I saw rain and raindrops.
I saw the wind blowing the trees down.
I saw rain flooding down the concrete.
I wondered when the storm will be gone.
Aamirah

I saw lightning and rain everywhere.
I heard the pouring rain drip so hard it hurt my ears.
I felt the rain dripping on me.
I wondered why the rain comes down.
Emma

I saw lightning flashing in eyes turning my body white as paper.
I heard lightning thumping down.
I felt still as frozen ice.
I wondered if the lightning would electrocute me. 
Niday

I saw the incredible very fast lightning.
I heard the very fast wind pass by.
I felt a branch snap.
I felt so scared that I fell down.
I wondered if it was all a dream. 
Chloe

I saw a storm high in the mean dark clouds.
I heard the lightning and thunder burning in the trees.
I felt cold and fear inside me.
I wondered when is the storm going to stop. 
Rawan

I saw leaves blowing like butterflies flying.
I heard lightning crashing and puffing.
I felt wind blowing into my mouth.
I felt the rain dropping on my tongue.
I wondered if the air can blow in my face.  
Jade

I saw the lightning flash.
I felt like I was being attacked by Vikings.
I felt like I was really scared.
I heard the trees crackling.
I wondered if someone will help me.
Kaia

I saw the black clouds that look like dried up lava.
I heard the lightning forcing onto the ground.
I felt the rain.
I wondered if I was going to float away.
Bayleigh

I saw lightning crashing onto the ground.
I heard rain splash into the water loud like lightning crackling.
I felt the wind blowing people.
I wondered if the trees would fall down like black clouds.
Tale

I saw the lightning crash on the ground making noise.
I heard the trees scratching.
I felt the rain dripping on my nose.
I felt the cold rain dropping into my shoes.
Kayden

I saw a storm racing me.
I heard the storm crashing in the trees.
I felt drops falling on me.
I wondered if someone might get scared. 
Tony


I saw the wind blowing.
I heard the lightning and thunder.
I felt the wind.
Jacen

I saw kids running into their houses all soaking wet and going ach-oo!
I heard trees and leaves cracking off and hitting the concrete.
I felt that if people had a mark on them it would just wash away.
I wondered if people will get colds. Do they get a blanket and a cup of coffee – YES 
Reisha.

I saw the bad weather.
I heard a storm.
I felt I will be scared because of the storm.
I wondered if it can stop.
Keanu


No comments:

Post a Comment