Sunday, 14 August 2016

Olympic Gold

We used some pictures to help us write about Mahe Drysdale winning gold at the Olympics. We tried to write like we were actually in the race.














Larron
I am rowing to beat him. He is next to me. I need to row faster. The finish line is in front of me. The oars are going back and forth. I'm near the finish line and I won. I felt tired and then my hands are hurting and I fainted.

Elyse
I was in the race. There were eight other people. They all looked vert serious. I didn't finish talking when he blew the whistle. Arrrr! It is amazing.I am in the lead. Damir was going pretty fast. When it was nearly the end and who won?  I was sure it was the same time. But I was three centimetres closer. I won! I put my hands in the air because I won gold. It took so long I fell asleep on the platform.

Nishu
I am Mahe, a rower. When the race started I rowed as fast as I can.When I went to the end I saw my neighbour. He nearly beat me. When I came first I felt so happy. I was so proud and happy that I got gold. My neighbours boat was Damir's boat. It was only three centimetres between us. When the race was finished I felt so tired and exhausted. I had used all my strength.

Kelly
When the race started I was rowing as fast as a racing car. Finally the race was done. I went to see the time and my time was six minutes and 34 seconds. I was so proud of myself so I celebrated. I was so exhausted.

Macky
I pulled with all my strength to come across the finish line so I can win. Next I was celebrating my victory coming across the finish line. I was extremely tired and exhausted. 

Kuvira
I was rowing as fast as I could in the race. My hands were shaking like earthquakes. I was pulling back and forth.I was scared at first but I was nearly there. Then I was there. I closed my eyes. I won!





No comments:

Post a Comment